- Your spouse/significant other asks what you’re thinking about and 9 times out of 10 the answer is, “Just an idea for my book.”
- You imagine dramatic scenes several times a day
- You watch people or eavesdrop on conversations and then make stuff up about them.
- You can’t wait for your next writing session
- If you have a great writing session, everything else can blow up in your face and you can still feel good.
- You scribble your next best idea on random places like the fridge, the shower wall with a tub crayon, (Thanks Rachel!) or your child’s homework with watercolors or crayons.
- You start to physically itch if you go more than a few days without writing. (Self-imposed maternity leave is tough!)
- You pick up a pen and words just start coming out.
It doesn’t matter if the world never acknowledges your literary genius, if you love words, if you love to flesh out ideas and stories, you are a writer.